The multi-million dollar renovation of the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel’s guestrooms and public spaces has been unveiled.
“Today’s announcement reaffirms our commitment to strengthening our portfolio of artfully-designed properties in destinations such as Paris, where our guests are seeking unscripted travel experiences,” said John Licence, vice-president, Premium & Select Brands Europe, Marriott International. “Each Renaissance hotel is an open invitation to discover the local neighbourhood, employing different design principles to introduce a sense of theatricality and the local scene to our guests. This design strategy is particularly evident in our portfolio of six Parisian Renaissance hotels, each a unique interpretation of the locality.”
The 97-key boutique property is located in Paris’s 1st arrondissement on a quiet street between the Tuileries Garden and the boutiques of Rue Saint Honoré.
Didier Gomez Interior Design reimagined the property, blending eighteenth-century style with contemporary design details. Highlights of the revamped property include:
- creatively layered patterns and textures throughout the interiors;
- art pieces wrapping guestroom ceilings—a signature of the Renaissance brand;
- a newly created 376-square-foot event venue called L’Atelier (capacity – 20), a blank space that can be used in a variety of ways (pop-up exhibit, private dining room, co-working hub);
- a well-equipped fitness centre, pool and signature spa;
- Le Studio lobby lounge, which will host event showcasing local talent in music, the arts, mixology and gastronomy;
- and keyless room entry through the Marriott app.
The transformation is anchored by the Balagan Bar & Restaurant, which opened last year. A joint venture between The Experimental Group and Israeli chef Assaf Granit, the restaurant offers a Mediterranean-inspired menu in a space decorated in the blues and earthy colours of the coast. In contrast, the bar features a “warm boudoir atmosphere.”
“We want to encourage curiousity and reframe our guests’ stay through an indigenous lens that leaves them inspired,” said Pierre-Henri Perrin, the property’s general manager. “Through its contemporary design and a kaleidoscope of signature experiences, Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel is perfect for those who value the unexpected and seek the unconventional in their travels.”