WestJet is adding 55 weekly non-stop flights this winter from Toronto Pearson International Airport to key domestic business destinations as well as popular sun spots in the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean. The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18.
“WestJet will increase service from Toronto, our largest hub, by 55 weekly flights this winter,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet vice-president, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. “This additional service means business travellers will be able to take advantage of increased frequencies and more convenient schedules from Toronto to Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver.”
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Toronto:
- Toronto-Montreal, from 83 to 91 times weekly (14 times each business day).
- Toronto-Ottawa, from 77 to 85 times weekly (13 times each business day).
- Toronto-Vancouver, from 45 to 52 times weekly (eight times each business day).
- Toronto-Calgary, from 56 to 68 times weekly, more than any other carrier (10 times each business day).
- Toronto-Winnipeg, from 31 to 38 times weekly (six times each business day).
- Toronto-Kelowna, from five to seven times weekly.
- Toronto-Orlando, from 12 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto-Fort Lauderdale, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto-Cancun, from 11 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto-Montego Bay, from 13 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto-Nassau, from seven to nine times weekly.
- Toronto-Liberia, from four to five times weekly.
- Toronto-Antigua, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Punta Cana, from six to seven times weekly.
- Toronto-Puerto Plata, from five to six times weekly.
“Toronto Pearson is Canada’s window to a world of opportunities, both at home and abroad,” said Craig Bradbrook, vice-president of Aviation Services at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA). “WestJet and the GTAA are well aligned in our commitment to ensuring that passengers have more options when it comes to when and where they travel. Whether for work or play, increased WestJet service from Toronto Pearson to a variety of destinations this winter will enhance our offering to the passenger — a top priority across everything we do.”
WestJet also announced the addition of dozens of new flights across Canada.
“Bolstering our hub cities – the core of the WestJet network – is typical of the kind of difference we want to make for Canadian travellers,” said Znotins. “The addition of more than 125 flights into and out of Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto creates one-stop connections, faster travel times and better scheduling to address the demand Canadians have for travel that is convenient, stress-free and low cost.”
Highlights of WestJet’s 2017-18 winter schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service from Calgary to Belize City, Belize.
- New non-stop weekly service from Edmonton and Vancouver to Huatulco.
- Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly.
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Abbotsford and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Puerto Vallarta.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Kitchener, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Kelowna and Brandon.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Fort St. John, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
- Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter including three daily flights between Toronto and Moncton, six daily flights between Edmonton and Kelowna and 12 weekly flights between Calgary and Houston.
This winter WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America and one in Europe.