The 106-key Raffles Europejski Warsaw opened last week, joining Raffles Istanbul Zorlu Center and Raffles Paris Le Royal Monceau in AccorHotel’s growing European portfolio.
Located on the historic “Royal Route” of Poland’s capital city, the property is housed in a fully-restored neo-renaissance building designed by Enrico Marconi and built in 1857.
Renowned as a grand dame of European hotels in the 19th century, it was damaged in World War II and confiscated by the Polish government after the war. In 2005, the property was returned to its original owner—Hotel Europejski Spółka Akcyjna (HESA).
“With Raffles at the helm of the hotel, a brand synonymous with heritage and luxury, whose own illustrious history began just thirty years after the Europejski’s with the iconic Raffles Singapore, we feel confidenct about bringing a new level of luxury to Warsaw; one that is as much about the cultural experience as the comfort,” said Julien Barbotin-Larrieu, representative, HESA. “Our aim is to provide a real sense of place, allowing guests to understand the soul of Poland by immersing themselves in the art, gastronomy and the history which they will be surrounded with, on a level as yet unsurpassed in the capital.”
A four-year long renovation has restored the property to its pre-WWII glory. Highlights include:
- a range of meeting and event spaces (ballroom, patio, pavilion, etc.);
- Polish art showcased throughout the property, including the carefully curated Hotel Europejski Art Collection that consists of almost 500 artworks created by more than 120 artists;
- carved burl wood headboards, blackened oak floors, corner librarys and marble-clad bathrooms in guestrooms and suites;
- a 293-square-metre Presidential Suite, the decor of which includes a 19th century piano;
- a range of f&b options (Europejski Grill, serving modern Polish cuisine; The Long Bar, a signature of raffles properties worldwide; The Humidor, a lounge for cigar lovers; and the Lourse Warszawa Patisserie, an elegant pastry and cake cafe);
- and the Raffles Spa featuring six treatment rooms, a 24/7 gym and upstream indoor swimming pool.
“I am delighted to be opening the iconic Raffles Europejski Warsaw, such a landmark in this capital city, to which we will bring the legendary Raffles service, known for its benchmark standard across the globe, as well as a series of gastronomic delights, conference facilities and an impressive spa,” said Jeannette Ho, vice-president, Raffles Brand & Strategic Partnerships, AccorHotels Luxury Brands.
Raffles Europejski Warsaw joins 11 Raffles Hotels & Resorts around the world as well as hotels under development such as Raffles London, Raffles Boston Back Bay and Raffles The Palm Dubai. Raffles is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group with more than 4,300 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
Leave a Reply