Tourism Saskatoon’s National Convention department is seeking a full-time in-market Business Development Manager with a passion for people and a flare for sales. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is seeking an opportunity to promote an amazing destination.
Responsibilities & Overview
- Lead Generation through researching, qualifying and developing opportunities.
- Participating in local associations’ networking and education events, PCMA, MPI and CSAE.
- Coordinating, managing and executing in-market initiatives for client events and tradeshows.
- Communicating with stakeholders and clients in the BID process on behalf of Tourism Saskatoon.
- Strong communications with the head office to assist in the coordination of Sites & FAMS from market.
- Managing all market lead updates to Conventions Saskatoon Web and Bid site.
- Maintaining existing and new convention leads daily in the CRM.
- Provide a monthly market intelligence report of trends and leads.
Candidate Skill Sets and Characteristics
- A minimum of five years direct experience in the convention and event market.
- A certificate, diploma or degree in a tourism related field is an asset or equivalent experience.
- An existing network of key association and local connections is an asset.
- Knowledge of the tourism and/or convention industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CRMs and efficient database management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual is an asset but not mandatory.
NOTE: This is a 3-year contract position.
- The Business Development Manager must be located in the primary market region.
- Key Markets segments – national associations (may include some sports tourism relationship development), 3rd parties, site selection companies, and independents.
Tourism Saskatoon uses a Microsoft Windows operating system. The successful candidate is required to work in Microsoft Office and to keep equipment maintained and compatible with Tourism Saskatoon. The selected Candidate will be provided with the required property of Tourism Saskatoon as follows to be used while under contract:
- Laptop • Microsoft Office Suite • CRM Access
The successful candidate must have high speed internet access and cell phone with good connection for all communications.
Ability to Travel
The Business Development Manager must be willing and able to travel within Canada, for business & show’s as required.
Material and Storage
The Business Development Manager will be required to maintain and store a small amount of printed or display materials for distribution to clients.
Please submit your resume in confidence by Wednesday November 30, 2016 to Angela Wallman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only those being interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you on behalf of Tourism Saskatoon for your interest in joining our team.