The 209-key Toronto Marriott Markham Hotel officially opened its doors today. The 192,000 square foot hotel is owned by the Remington Group and managed by Marriott International.
“Marriott Hotels has consistently pushed the boundaries of innovation in travel to create experiences that inspire and drive our guests’ creativity,” said Paul Cahill, area vice-president, Eastern Canada, Marriott International. “The new Toronto Marriott Markham has accomplished a forward-thinking guest experience coupled with aesthetically pleasing spaces and we know their guests will be thrilled.”
Property highlights include:
- approximately 9,000 square feet of event space (six rooms, up to 8 breakout rooms) on one floor, including a 5,100-square-foot Grand Ballroom and a 12-person private dining room;
- spacious guestrooms featuring locally-inspired accents that offer a sense of place, open closets that alleviate fears of leaving clothing behind, deluxe walk-in showers and a work surface that can moved around the room;
- rotating multi-million dollar collection of Canadian artwork and photography;
- a Marriott Hotels Greatroom lobby—a social hub where guests can relax, collaborate with colleagues or grab a bite at Draco, the hotel’s lobby restaurant and bar;
- M Club Lounge, an exclusive area reserved for Elite and Club paying members with perks ranging from complimentary food and beverage options, free WiFi, printing, and power supplies;
- a 24-hour fitness facility offering yoga classes;
- and an infinity pool connected to outdoor terrace.
The property is centrally located in downtown Markham, in the middle of the $3-billion CAD European-inspired downtown community project being developed by Remington Developments. It provides easy access to major highways, and is conveniently located near Main Street Unionville, the Pan Am Centre, and the upcoming York University East Campus Built.