Event Spectrum Inc. (ESI) has announced that its Stand Up and Stand out in Jamaica Contest is now open to industry professionals who have less than three years experience in the event management industry.
Partnering with Jamaica Tourism and Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT), Event Spectrum launched the contest on May 1, 2014. With the entry phase closing June 30th, students, recent graduates and new industry professionals are encouraged to turn to Twitter to us how they stand up and stand out for a chance to win a trip to Jamaica.
The winner will accompany ESI and M+IT magazine’s associate editor Christine Otsuka on an all-expenses* paid familiarization (Fam) trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica from October 23rd to 28th. There they will rub shoulders with industry professionals from around the world. In addition, Round Hill Hotel and Villas has offered an additional night for ESI and the contest winner to be wined and dined at their world-class resort.
Acting as a young ambassador, the winner will also contribute materials for publication on both the ESI company blog as well as in M+IT magazine and its website, www.meetingscanada.com. These contributions include, but are not limited to:
- A half-page student perspective article to run in the December issue of M+IT magazine
- Daily logs to by published as blog posts
- An online article for M+IT magazine with photos and videos
- Social media updates throughout the trip
To enter send @eventspectrum a tweet using hashtag #SUSOJamaica with a description or a 30-second video explaining how you stand up and stand out. Videos can be hosted on any website you choose but they must be linked to your tweet.
Contest details and guidelines are available online at susojamaica.com.
* The winner will be required to cover the cost of their own travel insurance (guidance will be provided) as well as travel expenses to Toronto. The winner should also have pocket money for incidentals, souvenirs or anything above and beyond what is covered.
Leave a Reply