St. Regis Hotels & Resorts has opened its ninth property in Greater China.
Owned by B.M. Holding, The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan is located in the heart of Shanghai’s cultural and business center. The property has 436 rooms and more than 32,000 square feet of event space.
“Shanghai’s cosmopolitan spirit is perfectly matched by The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan, which through unrivaled service and personalized experiences will bring to life the modern glamour that defines this city,” said Lisa Holladay, global brand leader, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. “With its own rich history and distinctive legacy, The Pearl of the Orient is an ideal place to expand the St. Regis brand and this debut represents an important milestone in our overall global growth.”
The design of the St. Regis Shanghai Jingan combines traditional English and Chinese palatial styles with elements of Chinese art and culture, such as calligraphy and handcrafted gold foil paintings. It will also feature five glass sculptures by world-renowned glass sculptor Dale Chihuly in its public space.
The property’s 436 rooms include 66 suites and 55 residences. The three-bedroom three-storey Presidential Suite is located on the top floor of the building. Spanning more than 6,900 square feet, it features a glass ceiling, vast living room, outdoor terraces, full kitchen, dining room and lounge area.
The hotel’s 32,000 square feet of meeting space covers 11 rooms. The 15,000-square-foot Astor Ballroom features a 1,000-square-foot LED wall projection system and a 4,000-square-foot foyer. It can accommodate up to 1,300 guests. Two executive boardrooms are also available.
On the f&b front, the hotel has six distinct restaurants and bars:
- Seki-tei is set in a modern Japanese stone garden and features a live cooking teppanyaki station
- Bespoke is a restaurant whose master chefs curate chef’s tasting menus and offer customized menus
- Yan Ting is a specialty Chinese restaurant serving refined Cantonese cuisine
- Social is a casual restaurant with an extensive buffet and live cooking stations
- The Drawing Room features the signature St. Regis afternoon tea every day
- The St. Regis Bar, where guests can try a “Mary Jing,” the hotel’s version of the St. Regis Bloody Mary
Other amenities and services include a full-service spa, indoor swimming pool, 24-hour fitness center and signature St. Regis Butler Service.
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts is part of Marriott International Inc.
Leave a Reply