“The Crystal Award is the most prestigious form of recognition in the global incentive travel industry,” said Paul Miller, SITE president 2014. “The award not only recognizes the outstanding organizations that win them, but also showcases the innovative ways planners can create extraordinary motivational experiences to maximize human potential and achieve tangible business results for their companies.”
Nine companies were recognized for creativity in program design, marketing, corporate social responsibility and business results. Incentive programs held between May 1, 2013 and May 1, 2014 were eligible and entries were evaluated by an independent panel of judges. The winners included tourism organizations, incentive agencies, destination management companies and their companies from a variety of industries worldwide.
The 2014 winners are:
- Most Effective Incentive Marketing Campaign – Aimia, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Most Outstanding Single Motivational Event – Mfactor Meetings, San Carlos, California, USA
- Most Impactful Effort Toward Corporate Social Responsibility – Dragonfly Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Best Destination-Based Incentive Travel Programn- Dubai Business Events, the Official Convention Bureau, Dubai, UAE
- Exceptional Motivational Travel Program: North America – Fourth Wall Events, New York City, New York, USA
- Exceptional Motivational Travel Program: South America – AV Business & Communications, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Exceptional Motivational Travel Program: Europe – PR Incentives DMC– Catania/Rome, Italy
- Exceptional Motivational Travel Program Africa/Middle East – Crystal Events & Incentives, Cape Town, South Africa
- Exceptional Motivational Travel Program: Asia/Pacific – China Star Ltd., Beijing, China
Since 1980, the annual SITE Crystal Awards Recognition Program has provided industry acclaim for world-class organizations that excel in the design of unique, memorable group travel experiences that deliver measurable benefits for their clients. Today, the awards serve as a benchmark for incentive travel programs and are regarded as the highest honor in the motivational events and incentive travel industry.
The SITE Crystal Awards Recognition Program is sponsored by the IMEX Group, the worldwide exhibitions for incentive travel, meetings and events. Case studies and videos showcasing all 2014 award-winning programs can be viewed at www.SITEglobal.com/crystals2014.