The slate of experienced incentive travel professionals includes three Canadians: Jennifer Glynn, CIS, managing partner, Meeting Encore Ltd. (Board of Directors – returning); Ellie MacPherson, senior vice-president, SM+i/Strategic Meetings + Incentivies (Board of Directors – new); and Terry Manion, executive vice-president, Meridican Incentive Consultants (Site Foundation – returning).
“We strive to ensure that our board is globally-balanced and represents every region of the world, and I am proud to be serving with such a diverse, young and future-oriented group of industry leaders,” said Annamaria Ruffini, CIS, CMP, president and CEO Events In & Out S.R.L., Rome, Italy, and president of the SITE International Board of Directors. “I am especially humbled to kick off my presidency at the SITE + MPI Global Forum in Rome, the eternal city where it all began. As a Florentine, I believe that 2018 will be a “Renaissance” year for our European members and a great opportunity to grow our membership and influence in the region.”
Serving with Ruffini as officers and returning directors are:
- Immediate Past President: Rajeev Kohli, CIS, joint managing director, Creative Travel Pvt., India
- President-Elect 2019: Philip Eidsvold, CIS, director client services, One10, USA
- Vice-President, Finance & Business Development: Jennifer Glynn, CIS, managing partner, Meeting Encore Ltd. Canada
- Vice-President Education & Certification: Daryl Keywood, CIS, managing director and CEO, Walthers DMC, South Africa
- Member-at-Large: Aoife Delaney, CIS, director of global sales, DMC Network, Ireland
- Kevin V. Edmunds, vice-president sales, AIC Hotel Group, USA
- Eda Ozden, director business development, MEP Destination Business Solutions, Turkey
- Jonathan Richards, CIS, sales manager North America & Europe, Corporate Gifts Division, Maui Jim Sunglasses & Zeal Optics, USA
- Anne-Marie Rogers, director meetings & incentives, Direct Travel, USA
- Julia Trejo, CIS, CMP, DMCP director of business development, Terramar – a DMC Network Company, Mexico
- Alicia Yao, CIS General Manager, IME Consulting Co., Ltd., Beijing, China
Two new directors join the board in 2018:
- Ellie MacPherson, senior vice president, Strategic Meetings + Incentives, Canada
- Carina Bauer, SITE Foundation President-Elect, CEO IMEX Group & Regent Exhibitions, United Kingdom
“We want to express our thanks and gratitude to departing board members Rhonda Brewer and Olga Navarro for their leadership and service to the SITE community over the past 5 years,” added Ruffini.
John Iannini, CIS, CTC, vice-president meetings & events North America, Melia Hotels International will serve as SITE Foundation President.
According to Iannini, this year the Foundation altered its approach to meet the demands of our members and the industry by focusing on igniting passion for incentive travel through knowledge sharing. “In July, we introduced Motivate, a dynamic online intelligence hub that serves as a repository of content for the incentive travel industry,” he explained. “While research will continue to be an important component of what we do, our greatest opportunity is centered on creating compelling content for incentive professionals that is relevant timely and thought provoking. We are also committed to the development of new curriculum to enhance the knowledge and professional growth of our members in this ever-changing global environment.”
Serving Mr. Iannini as officers and returning trustees are:
- Immediate Past President: Rhea Stagner, CIS, division vice-president, sourcing and supplier relations, Maritz Travel – a Maritz Global Events Company, USA
- President-Elect: Carina Bauer, CEO, IMEX Group & Regent Exhibitions, United Kingdom
- Vice-President Finance: Terry Manion, executive vice-president, Meridican Incentive Consultants, Canada
- Vice-President Research & Education: Pádraic Gilligan, managing director, SoolNua, Ireland
- Vice-President Fundraising & Events: Lynn Pavony, director of incentive sales, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, USA
- Bonnie Boisner, vice president event management, One10, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Selina Chavry, CMP, SMMC, global managing director, Pacific World, Singapore
- Anne DiGregory, director global luxury sales, Marriott International Luxury Brands, USA
- Jimmy Romo, general manager luxury sales, Delta Airlines, USA
- Tina Weede, president & CEO, Paragon Performance Group, USA
- Chris Wheeler, executive director global incentive sales, sbe Group, USA
Four new trustees are joining the Foundation board in 2018:
- Kevin Regan, vice president, global director charters & incentives, Azamara Club Cruises, USA
- Hamish Reid, senior European manager, Dubai Business Events, United Kingdom
- Dana Weaver, senior manager marketing services, GROWMARK, Inc., USA
- Philip Eidsvold, SITE president-elect and director of client services, One10, USA
The Foundation recognizes and pays tribute to Denise Dornfeld, Martin Lewis and Michelle Samoulides who are retiring their positions on the board.
Board members and Foundation Trustees will be formally introduced to members during the SITE + MPI Global Forum, 12-14 January in Rome, Italy.