The award-winning properties are:
- Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown
- Radisson Hotel Edmonton South
- DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton
- Home2 Suites by Hilton® West Edmonton
- Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
- DoubleTree by Hilton™ Hotel and Conference Centre Regina
- TownePlace Suites® by Marriott Mississauga – Airport Corporate Centre
- Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott St. John’s Newfoundland
- Hampton Inn by Hilton™ Halifax-Downtown
“This award is a wonderful achievement for our hotels because it demonstrates that we are succeeding in delivering extraordinary guest experiences,” says Steve Giblin, president and CEO of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts. “We thank our guests for recognizing our hotel teams across Canada for their hard work and our exceptional guest service.”
The annual Award of Excellence honours hotels for hospitality excellence as measured by their overall guest review score. Hotels recognized must have an average review score of 8 or higher out of 10 as displayed on Booking.com by December 31, 2015.
About SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel operations and asset management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada.
“We pride ourselves on providing the very best Canadian hospitality, in an environment that is fun and has a rich sense of place. Our strong focus on our people ensures that we deliver extraordinary hotel experiences to our guests and achieve industry leading results,” says Giblin.
The company’s 2,000 associates and managers have led it to multiple awards. In addition to the booking.com Award of Excellence, SilverBirch has been honored with Hotel Performance Awards, Top 50 Hotelier Award, Gold Quill Award, Horizon Award, Hotel Visionary Award and more. It has also made the list of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada.