InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has opened a property in the Dominican Republic’s capital city.
The InterContinental Real Santo Domingo is a 21-storey, 227-room new build, located in the city’s upscale Piantini neighbourhood. The $70 million hotel has nearly 9,000 square feet of meeting space spread across eight rooms, with a maximum capacity of 750 guests.
“We are excited to partner once again with Real Hotels & Resorts to bring the glamour and luxury of the InterContinental life to the city of Santo Domingo,” said Jason Moskal, vice-president, Lifestyle Brands, The Americas, IHG. “With its location in a key international gateway destination, the InterContinental Real Santo Domingo contributes to the strong growth of the InterContinental brand following the re-opening of the InterContinental New York Barclay…. we are confident this hotel, in one of the most popular global destinations, will provide our guests with a luxurious, first-class experience in the Dominican Republic.”
The property offers a variety of luxury suites, including 16 junior suites and a 2,300-square-foot presidential suite with views of the Caribbean Sea. Other amenities include an on-site spa with two saunas and two steam baths; an L-shaped infinity pool that overlooks the city; and a 24-hour fitness centre, stocked with state-of-the-art equipment that is WiFi enabled, allowing users to listen to to their own music and TV programs while working out.
On the f&b side, the hotel has three restaurants and two bars.
- The Market Restaurant – Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night dining, this casual eatery offers sandwiches, pasta, pizza, gourmet burgers, salads, carpaccio, ceviche and Dominican dishes.
- Factory Steak & Lobster – Upscale restaurant serving imported beef, fresh grilled lobster and local fish. It features a glass-enclosed kitchen.
- Van Gogh Lobby Bar – Cocktails and tapas
- Nau Lounge – Asian-inspired drinking and eating spot off the lobby
- Blu Pool Bar – Adjacent to the property’s L-shaped infinity pool, the bar serves snacks during the day and cocktails in the evening.
The hotel, located at Avenida Winston Churchill, Corner Porfirio Herrera, Ensanche Piantini, is owned and managed by Real Hotels & Resorts. With six InterContinental hotels in Latin America and one in Miami, the InterContinental Real Santo Domingo marks the eighth InterContinental Hotel owned by Real Hotels & Resorts, continuing the strong partnership with IHG and the InterContinental brand. The InterContinental Real Santo Domingo hotel joins the Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo hotel and the Holiday Inn Santo Domingo hotel already open in the Dominican Republic.
Leave a Reply