With the unveiling of its $300 million expansion earlier this month, the Pechanga Resort Casino is now the largest resort/casino on the U.S. west coast.
The property, which is owned by the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians, is located in Temecula, an inland city in southwest California that is equidistant from San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange County. The expansion added 568 AAA Four Diamond hotel rooms and suites, a 4.5-acre pool complex, two additional restaurants, a two-level luxury spa with fitness and yoga studio, and another 68,000 square feet of meeting and event space including the 40,000-square-foot Pechanga Summit.
“We are setting a higher standard of excellence and taking the resort gaming experience in Southern California and beyond to another level,” said Pechanga Development Corporation president Edith Atwood. “We are deeply grateful to our dedicated and talented team members and the thousands of construction workers who helped build this beautiful facility. Of course, none of this would be here if it wasn’t for our loyal guests who continue to visit, and continue to talk about their positive experiences with friends.”
Pechanga hired 750 people during 2017 and early 2018 for permanent positions to staff the resort expansion areas. Jobs ranged from entry level to management roles. Pechanga Resort Casino is the third largest private employer in Riverside County with 4,750 team members. (*Stats from Riverside County Economic Development Agency)
Pechanga’s $300 million grand opening events, held earlier this month, included an official ribbon cutting with Tribal officials and dignitaries; a VIP poolside party with many recognizable personalities at The Cove, the new resort pool complex; a fireworks display set off from the Pechanga hotel tower; and performance in the Pechanga Summit by rock and roll icon Steven Tyler (Saturday, March 3) and Boyz II Men (Sunday, March 4).
Snapshot of Pechanga Resort Casino After Grand Opening
- Event/meeting/convention square footage: 100,000 (indoor) 174,500 (outdoor)
- Number of hotel rooms: 1,090
- Number of restaurants & bars: 20
- Casino square footage: 200,000
- Number of pools & spas: 15
- Number of employees: 4,750
Pechanga Expansion Has an Economic Output of over $550 million
- Nearly 3,000 jobs from construction-related activities
- 560 total new jobs within community going forward from expanded operations
Local Improvements Funded by Pechanga as Result of Expansion
- $5 million to widen Pechanga Parkway and improve local roads.
- More than $9 million in funding for local law enforcement
- $14 million contributed for Interstate 15/Temecula Parkway Ultimate Interchange