The Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau reports that with the countdown on to the opening of the new $60+ million renovated Monterey Conference Center, several properties in the popular incentive travel destination are investing heavily in renovations, remodeling and additions.
“The additions that are happening here in Monterey County are not only investments into the individual properties, but also the community and destination,” says Tammy Blount, president and CEO of the Monterey County CVB. “The renovations and upgrades will give visitors new experiences that will inspire them to share their life-enriching stories with others.”
Properties undergoing renos and upgrades include:
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa has undergone significant changes including extensive guest room and fitness center renovations completed in December 2016. Of its 163 guestrooms, 154 have been renovated. In addition, six 505-square-foot junior suites have been constructed. Each suite features a king bed with alcove to sitting area with queen sofa sleeper; full bathroom with walk-in shower, separate tub and double vanity; wet bar; three-sided gas burning fireplace; and two 49-inch flat screen TVs. New features include stylish hardwoods, custom-made furnishings, new windows and more.
- Colton Inn is currently updating and upgrading all guestrooms. The work is scheduled to be completed in April 2017.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton is undergoing an $11 million renovation. Currently, the ballrooms and guestrooms are being renovated and expected to be completed by April 1 and the end of May, respectively. Renovations of the atrium spaces (lobby, restaurant and bar) will begin in April.
- Hotel 1110 has wrapped-up $75,000 in renovations. The property redesigned and updated several rooms on the third floor as well as the rooftop bar and lounge. The lounge features a new bar in a covered area so guests can enjoy cocktails rain or shine.
- Hotel Abrego is currently renovating its pool and hot tub area. The reno includes the addition of a fire pit.
- The Hyatt Carmel Highlands is celebrating its 100th anniversary with the completion of a major renovation. The multi-million dollar project included enhancements to the guestrooms, hotel entrance and lobby as well as a fusion of the property’s two award-winning restaurants, California Market and Pacific’s Edge. A key feature of the new California Market at Pacific’s Edge is a 870-square-foot deck with louvered roof and glass-panel walls offering dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Big Sur coast.
- The Monterey Peninsula Inn has invested nearly $3 million in upgrades. Eight new guestrooms have been built, one of which is a fully-accessible unit. The property also has a new front office and lobby and is currently undergoing a complete remodel of the outdoor pool area as well as adding two new guestrooms.
- Peach Beach Resorts will introduce the new Fairway One at The Lodge in late summer. Located along the first fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links, Fairway One will include 30 oversized guestrooms in three two-storey buildings, and two four-bedroom golf cottages each with a 1,000-square-foot living room. A 2,500-square-foot main meeting room with floor-to-ceiling views of the first fairway is part of a new 6,500-square-foot meeting facility at Fairway One. Pebble Beach has also invested in a major, three-year renovation of all 454 guestrooms at The Lodge, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero. The phased project will be completed in early 2019.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa, which is located next to the Monterey Conference Centre, recently completed a $10 million full renovation of all 379 guestrooms and bathrooms. Additional improvements currently underway include new front doors, front desk, hallway carpet for the entire hotel, full lobby renovation and a new lobby bar and restaurant concept. Improvements also include cutting-edge energy and water conservation fixtures, reinforcing the property’s commitment to sustainability and LEED Certified status.
- Sanctuary Beach Resort Monterey Bay is undergoing a $4 million renovation of its restaurant (opening May 1) and meeting space. Improvements and furnishing updates to the rooms are scheduled.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott The Dunes on Monterey Bay will open a new 106-suite hotel in Marina, May 2017. It will have three meeting rooms.
- The Stevenson Monterey completed a $700,000 renovation of rooms and bathrooms in February. The hotel also repainted the walls and surfaces, made ADA accessibility upgrades and added a new elevator.
- The Vagabond’s House in Carmel-by-the-Sea is undergoing more than $600,000 in renovations, which are expected to be completed this month.
Monterey County includes Monterey, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Moss Landing, Marina, Salinas, Seaside, Sand City, Del Rey Oaks and Soledad.