The Meetings Mean Business (MMB) Canada board continued its mission to advocate for the power of face-to-face meetings by connecting with business events executives in Winnipeg.
On Monday, June 1st, current MMB Canada chair Heidi Welker and board members Clark Grue (vice-chair) and Reggie Lang (treasurer) travelled to the RBC Convention Centre in Winnipeg for a two-hour meeting and collaborative discussion with more than 20 executives.
Speaking about the coalition meeting in Winnipeg, Welker commented, “We had some great strategic discussions including how we can leverage economic development in our future stakeholder discussions.”
Since the coalition relaunched its rebrand from BEICC to MMBC in January 2017. MMB Canada has raised over $100,000 of initial funding and counts more than 130 industry executive leaders amongst its supporters to date.
The 2018 goals of MMB Canada include the following:
- We want to be the advocacy voice/platform for the Business Events Industry in Canada;
- We want to align our efforts and work in tandem with TIAC (our secretariat);
- We want to continue growing our coalition through meetings like this. And then provide deliverable updates to all of you;
- We have formed four committees to research and recommend:
- A sustainable financial model
- Curation of unified data for our industry
- Executing a plan to tell our Story
- Development and implementation of a Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) strategy that provides consistent and aligned messaging for the organizers of these events in all cities.
- Lastly, we also need to have a board of directors’ succession plan that will include national representation.
To learn more about MMB Canada, view the current supporter list, and add your organization to this growing coalition, visit https://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.ca/supporters.
About Meetings Mean Business Canada
Meetings Mean Business Canada, the first coalition to execute the Meeting Mean Business licensing agreement, was formed to advocate on behalf of the Canadian business events industry. The MMB Canada board is actively reaching out to key industry stakeholders across all sectors of the Canadian Business Events Industry to transform the coalition into a proactive, well-funded advocacy movement with strong connections to federal, provincial and municipal governments.