Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT) announced its 2017 Hall of Fame inductees this morning in a special, live presentation at IncentiveWorks™ 2017, Canada’s leading meeting, events and incentive travel trade show and conference. IncentiveWorks runs today and tomorrow at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto.
“This year’s inductees are an inspiring group of people who have made, and continue to make, great contributions to the industry,” says Lori Smith, editor of Meetings + Incentive Travel. “We are delighted to welcome them into our Hall of Fame family. We’d also like to thank our sponsors: Business Events Toronto, which sponsors the Industry Planner category, and Hilton Worldwide, the program’s platinum sponsor. They help us make the M+IT Hall of Fame the leading recognition program in the industry.”
The 2017 Inductees are:
- INDUSTRY VETERAN: Michael Prescott, CEO, The International Centre
- INDUSTRY PLANNER: Arianna McLaughlin, national events manager, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- INDUSTRY BUILDER: Diane Stefaniak (ret.)
- INDUSTRY INNOVATOR: Heather Reid, ARCT MSc, founder and CEO, Planner Protect Inc.
- INDUSTRY VOLUNTEER: Rose Timmerman Gitzi, CMM, president, RTG Special Events
- INDUSTRY MENTOR: Carol Priest, founder and entertainment specialist, Carol Priest Entertainment
M+IT and IncentiveWorks are owned by Newcom Business Media. Meetings + Incentive Travel is Canada’s premier events, meetings and incentive travel industry magazine and website. It launched its Hall of Fame in 2009 to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves in the Canadian meetings and incentive travel industry. Inductees are selected from nominations put forth by industry peers in eight categories: Rising Star, Volunteer, Builder, Planner, Innovator, The Big Idea, Mentor and Veteran. All awards are given out at the discretion of the judges and Meetings + Incentive Travel. The 2018 Call for Nominations will open on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Meetings + Incentive Travel‘s Hall of Fame is proudly sponsored by: