From advice to turnkey services, Meetings & Conventions Calgary is a one-stop shop for meeting planners. April 26, 2011
Meetings & Incentive Travel Advertising Feature
Calgary is known for doing things differently. That’s why it’s no surprise that Calgary is the first city in Canada to create a stand-alone organization dedicated to serving the meetings, conventions and incentive travel market.
Working in cooperation with the city’s hospitality industry, Meetings & Conventions Calgary’s mandate is to assist meeting planners, association executives and corporate clients when considering the city for their event. The marketing organization’s goal is to ensure the process of researching and booking events is simple, straightforward and seamless. As such, the team at Meetings & Conventions Calgary is flexible and adaptable to each individual planner’s preferred way of booking his or her event.
Meetings & Conventions Calgary staff act as the intermediary between planners and the Calgary team members provide venues, accommodation and other services to help plan a successful meeting.
Meetings & Conventions Calgary is a one-stop shop for a range of meeting planning services, from local information and planning assistance to a full, turnkey solution.
Their website provides planners with a central, searchable, repository of information about meeting venues and accommodations in Calgary.
The site also provides a single point of contact and the ability for planners to submit requests for proposals (RFPs) that Meetings & Conventions Calgary can distribute to venues and service providers through an electronic bid-referral system.
Meetings & Conventions Calgary coordinates appropriate resources to develop a comprehensive multi-party bid.
Finding the right people and suppliers is crucial, and the team at Meetings & Conventions Calgary can give planners a head start when researching their event, by reaching out to their local contacts in the community and facilitating the right fit.
Finally, Meetings & Conventions Calgary can provide local logistical support for events, to ensure things run smoothly and issues are addressed quickly. Calgarians are known for finding new ways to work together and for lending a hand when needed. Meetings & Conventions Calgary is no different.
10 reasons to choose Calgary for your next meeting, event or convention:
1. Much to see and do. From mystery dinner theatres to the elephant crossing at the Calgary Zoo, there’s something for everyone.
2. Safe, clean and friendly. Calgary is the cleanest city in the world, but it’s also the 25th safest.
3. Easily accessible. Downtown Calgary is a 20-minute drive from the airport.
4. Experience hosting international events. Calgary has hosted the Winter Olympics and is home to the Calgary Stampede.
5. Diverse venues. Calgary offers a high-tech convention centre, rustic ranches, full-service exhibition halls and college campuses.
6. Comfortable accommodations for all budgets. Calgary has more than 11,000 hotel rooms to choose from.
7. The Rocky Mountains. Breathtaking views of Canada’s largest mountain range can be enjoyed from Calgary’s downtown.
8. No municipal or provincial taxes. Alberta is the only province in Canada without a provincial sales tax.
9. A captivating social scene. From opera to NHL hockey, horseback riding, to archaeological digs, Calgary has it all.
10. Experienced, professional planning assistance. Meetings & Conventions Calgary is on hand to help planners through every stage of their event.
Leave a Reply