Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has developed a membership community and supporting advisory council for the growing healthcare meeting sector.
The objective of the initiative—MPI MD—is to support and promote medical meeting professionals through education, career development programs and resources, an exclusive online member community, and private consulting.
In addition, MPI has added more healthcare meeting education such as strategic meeting management (SMM) and industry trends to the line-up for its 2016 World Education Congress (WEC), which is being held June 12-15 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
MPI-MD is an evolution of the former International Medical Meeting Professionals Association (IMPPA), which dissolved in 2014 following MPI’s acquisition of the Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate (HMCC) program from the organization.
The MPI-MD community is championed by Pat Schaumann, CMP, CSEP, DMCP, HMCC, MPI’s director of professional development for the healthcare sector. Schaumann also created the HMCC program and is the author of the book, “Breaking the Code to Healthcare Compliance.”
MPI began forming this special interest group within its global membership this past February, and it currently has more than 800 planner and supplier members.
“Medical meeting professionals operate in a very complex regulatory environment and as a result, this segment of our membership has campaigned for more specialized training and resources,” said Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO of MPI. “Since acquiring the HMCC Program almost two years ago, we have expanded our offerings to include healthcare webinars, the HMCC Refresher Course, the CMP-HC Prep Course, and now MPI-MD. We anticipate the MPI-MD advisory council and community will be instrumental in shaping our healthcare meeting education for years to come.”
The MPI-MD Advisory Council is made up of top healthcare meeting experts who will provide guidance on curriculum design and also contribute as subject matter experts to the MPI-MD forum within the MyMPI Online Community. The current council will serve for a two-year term ending in December 2018.
MPI-MD ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Jacqueline Beaulieu, HMCC, BlueHive, Inc.,
- Mary Davar, CMP, CMM, MBA, HMCC, Merck ESS Meeting Services
- Kathi Donovan, CMP, HMCC, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Mozelle Goodwin, CMP, HMCC, Eisai Inc.
- Isabelle Gordon, Bayer Healthcare
- Bonnie Grant, HMCC, Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences
- Deborah Hinson, HMCC, The Hinson Group
- Michael Mahoney, HMCC, Genentech
- Steve O’Malley, Maritz Travel
- Kathleene S. Opperman, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Taya Paige, HMCC, ITA Group
- Charlene Rabideau, CMM, HMCC, BCD Meetings & Events
- Chelsea Rowe, HMCC, Baxter Healthcare Corp.
- Cheryl Smith, HMCC, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Debi Smith, HMCC, CMP, CMM, McKesson Corporation
- Michael Varlotta, Janssen Immunology
- Bonnie Weiss, Hyatt Hotels
- Maggie Young, CMP, Medtronic
- Tanya Zuckerman, CMM, CMP, Bayer CropScience
- Jennifer Kamins, CMP, HMCC, Takeda
- Diana McClure, CMP, HMCC, Hilton Worldwide
The MPI-MD Advisory Council will host their first meeting during WEC 2016. MPI has scheduled an HMCC course as a pre-conference session as well.
Leave a Reply