Marriott International’s Westin brand will debut in the United Kingdom with the opening of The Westin London City in 2020.
The 220-key property is owned by 4C Hotel Group and managed by RBH, the UK’s leading independent hotel management company. It will have 8,900 square feet of meeting and event space, including a junior ballroom and four meeting rooms.
“Transforming the way travellers experience wellness continues to be a powerful proposition for Westin, and one that has become increasingly important as people integrate well-being more holistically into their lifestyle,” said Brian Povinelli, senior vice-president & Global Brand Leader, Westin Hotels & Resorts. “We are thrilled to not only debut the brand in London, but also to open this marquee hotel on the iconic River Thames, where travellers and locals alike are staying active every day.”
The Westin London City will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock – the oldest in London – and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
“This is an exciting chapter for the Westin brand,” said John Licence, vice-president, Premium & Select Brands, Marriott International Europe. “It is clear that there is a strong appetite for the brand’s wellness positioning, innovative programming and premium accommodations. With its commanding riverfront location in the commercial and historic heart of the City of London, The Westin London City is sure to offer a reviving and memorable stay for guests in one of the world’s most dynamic cities.”
The Westin London City
Led by British architects Dexter Moren Associates, the property’s design is intended to connect guests with nature and enhance their well-being. It will feature:
- an open, airy atrium space;
- riverside bar and restaurant off the lobby;
- public walkway with views across the river towards Shakespeare’s Globe and the South Bank;
- 220 guestrooms, including 29 suites and Presidential Suite, designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city (calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials; Heavenly™ Bed and reviving Heavenly™ Bath experience; and Westin brand signature services and amenities.);
- indoor swimming pool and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment;
- and 4,036-square-foot spa.
In addition, the hotel will offer the renowned RunWESTIN™ program with three and five-mile jogging routes along the riverfront and the brand’s signature Gear Lending program, allowing guests to pack light and stay fit with New Balance shoes and clothing for guests to use during their stay.