Canada’s largest hotel, Chelsea Hotel, Toronto will celebrate “Loving Earth Month” starting from Earth Hour (8:30 to 9:30 EST, Saturday, March 24) to Earth Day (April 22) by engaging colleagues and guests to minimize environmental and social footprints.
For the eleventh consecutive year, the hotel will participate in the global climate change awareness initiative – Earth Hour – on Saturday, March 24, 2018. In addition to turning the lights off, the hotel is encouraging guests to participate in energy-saving activities and offerings during their stay.
In support Earth Hour, the hotel will:
- turn off exterior signage and all non-essential lighting;
- serve a featured cocktail in T|bar, “Green Earth” – a vibrant blend of green matcha, Canadian Loon Vodka and sweet citrus;
- and feature a live acoustic performer, Gareth Bush in T|bar.
Throughout Loving Earth Month, the hotel will offer guests and staff a range of opportunities to continue to support green initiatives, including:
- offering more vegetarian menu options on “Meatless Monday,” as a means to reduce the carbon footprint.
- featuring wines from The Dreaming Tree a sustainable California winery in its T| Bar restaurant.
- encouraging staff members to more active and participate in the Praktice Health challenge—Five Pillars of Health including exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, water and steps.
In addition, during the month, all colleagues will be saving aluminum pop tabs to help the March of Dimes Canada’s Assistive Devices Program.
On the final day of Loving Earth Month – Earth Day – hotel colleagues will visit Toronto Island Park to assist with the annual spring clean up and join the Downtown Yonge BIA for the “Clean Toronto Together Day.”
The hotel has also embarked on significant social projects, such as the ongoing efforts to be environmentally responsible through its sustainability program, EarthCheck, an environmental management program for the travel and tourism industry, which provides organization’s a vehicle for sustainability reporting and is based on the premise of continual improvement.
The hotel’s goal is to continue to delivering a clean, safe, prosperous and healthy destination for leisure and business travelers.
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto has been awarded EarthCheck’s Silver Certified status.
Leave a Reply