Kindred Resorts & Hotels, a collection of 63 independent hotels and resorts focused exclusively on the group and meetings market in North America, has added seven new properties to its portfolio.
Big Cedar Lodge – Ridgedale, Missouri: Comprised of more than 800 acres in the Ozark Mountains, Big Cedar Lodge blends rustic living with modern comforts. It offers lodges, cottages and cabins as well as 20,000 square feet of space across more than 20 meeting venues.
One of its newest facilities is their 50,000-square-foot recreation center, Fun Mountain, equipped with a 16-lane bowling alley, interactive rock climbing wall, golf simulator, kids’ wilderness adventure club, bumper cars, rope course, Nascar-themed go-cart track and more. Meeting planners have the option to rent the entire Fun Mountain center for private events or rent specific areas for a semi-private event.
Big Cedar Lodge has also re-opened its Ancient Ozarks Natural History Museum, located at its world-class attraction, Top of the Rock. The museum features the foremost collection of Native American artifacts in the world from every known Native American tribe in North America. Groups can tour the museum as an add-on offering or book the entire space to host private events.
Emerson Resort & Spa – Mount Tremper, New York: Located in the Catskill Mountains, the 53-room Emerson Resort & Spa offers three large meeting space options with multiple break-out areas. The resort recently underwent a $6 million nature-themed renovation which includes refreshed accommodations, new signature restaurant (Woodnotes Grille) and an updated full-service 6,200-square-foot Emerson Spa.
The property has also introduced a number of gastronomic offerings for groups including guided mushroom walks on select Sundays from May to October with the region’s renowned “Mushroom Man,” John Michelotti of Catskill Fungi. Full-day, local wine excursions are also available.
Longwood Venues – various, New England: Longwood Venues offers a portfolio of luxury event venues. The latest additions to Kindred Resorts & Hotels include the modern vintage Alden Castle, seaside glamour Belle Mer and Newport Beach House, urban chic State Room and simply beach Wychmere Beach Club.
- Just minutes from downtown Boston, Alden Castle is home to the Vintage Ballroom, which can accommodate 400 for a reception and 250 for a dinner, and the Modern Club, which can accommodate 300 guests for a reception and 150 for dinner.
- Surrounded by over seven acres of manicured lawns on the edge of Narragansett Bay, Belle Mer’s Ocean Lawn is the largest untented year-round event space dressed in soft whites and sparkling crystals.
- Newport Beach House, in Newport, Rhode Island, is the only conference and luxury wedding venue in Newport with full access to a beach.
- Longwood’s flagship venue, State Room,, is an urban event space perched atop the Sixty State Street skyscraper offering breathtaking views of Boston’s skyline Harbor through a panoramic glass windows.
- The Wychmere Beach Club blends Cape Cod’s classic Americana style with glamour making it a perfect location for executive retreats and corporate retreats. The luxury beach resort spans nearly 20 acres along the Nantucket Sound with vast indoor event space, private beach, tennis club, boat dockage, swimming pools and guest rooms.
Sunrise Springs Spa Resort – Santa Fe, New Mexico: A 70-acre oasis centered around natural spring-fed ponds and surrounded by cottonwood trees and extensive gardens, Sunrise Springs Spa Resort is a destination spa in Santa Fe. It offers more than 28,000 square feet of thoughtfully-designed indoor and outdoor gathering spaces for groups seeking healthy living and enhanced personal wellbeing.
The resort offers a Puppy Enrichment Program allowing groups with dog lovers to enjoy a hands-on immersion with puppies in training guided by Assistance Dogs of the West (ADW). Under the supervision of ADW trainers, guests can experience the joys of puppyhood and the wonder of the emerging intelligence, emotional stability and physical development of future service dogs.
New offerings at Sunrise Springs Spa Resort include:
- a lawn games program, offering volleyball, croquet, horseshoes or cornhole.
- services from renowned wellness practitioners Medical Director, Sally Fisher, MD, and Lead Counselor Michael Schroeder, LMFT. Dr. Fisher focuses on integrative, holistic, preventive and nutritional medicine, teaching a variety of classes and seminars for groups at the resort on nutrition, stress and relaxation, ancient rhythms (sleep, seasons, sunlight and darkness), and the use of food as medicine. Schroeder offers a customized Medicine Wheel experience for groups, starting the session with questions which lead to insights about participants’ present lives.
The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa – Riverside, California: Featuring 238 spacious rooms, The Mission Inn Hotel has 27 suites and 20,000 square feet of flexible function space that can accommodate everything from small breakfast meetings, banquets and executive board sessions to company-wide conventions and sales conferences.
The iconic AAA Four Diamond property recently appointed new Executive Chef, John Beriker, to direct the food and beverage programs at each of the hotel’s four restaurants including Duane’s Prime Steaks and Seafood, The Mission Inn Restaurant, Las Campanas, and Bella Trattoria, as well as in-room dining and catering for events.
The Pridwin Beach Hotel and Cottage – Shelter Island, New York: Established in 1927, The Pridwin Hotel and Cottages is a classic American resort hotel with 40 guest rooms and 1,150 square feet of meeting space. Located on Crescent Beach, the seasonal waterfront hotel opens every May and is in full swing from the last weekend of June through Labor Day with a range of resort amenities including a private pool and small beach, two docks, and bar, lounge, and restaurant overlooking the bay.
Weekapaug Inn – Weekapaug, Rhode Island: Located less than two hours from Boston, Weekapaug Inn features 27 bedrooms plus four two-bedroom signature suites decked in modern Yankee décor. The inn is situated on its own peninsula on the west end of the Quonochontaug Pond, creating a tranquil and private setting for board meetings, incentive travel and corporate retreats.