Trend-spotter Seth Mattison and serial entrepreneur Michele Romanow will deliver keynote presentations at this year’s edition of IncentiveWorks, Canada’s leading conference and trade show for business event professionals.
IncentiveWorks 2017 is being held August 22-23 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario. In addition to the keynotes, the two-day event offers a full slate of conferences sessions and additional education opportunities on the show floor.
Mattison is an internationally-renowned expert on workforce trends and generational dynamics. His presentation will blend stories from his own experiences working with Fortune 100 organizations and cutting-edge research. Attendees will leave his keynote with a new understanding of how to engage the changing workforce.
In addition to being a serial entrepreneur, Romanow is an engineer, a tech titan and the newest (and youngest) member of CBC’s hit show Dragon’s Den. Her accomplishments include co-founding e-commerce platforms Buytopia.ca and Snap by Groupon as well as co-founding clearbanc.com, an online financial service for freelancers, independent contractors, and entrepreneurs. The only Canadian on Forbes’ “Millennial on a Mission” list, Romanow will share with IncentiveWorks’ attendees the lessons that she’s learned as an entrepreneur, including the need to embrace change, encourage disruption, and incentivize innovation.
Mattison and Romanow’s keynotes will bracket conference education sessions and workshops on a range of industry-specific topics. This year’s line-up includes:
- Event Essentials – A foundation-building group of sessions designed for those who have never been formally trained in event management, but now plan events.
- Improv to Improve – An improv workshop to help planners overcome presentation fears.
- The Dark Side of Tech – An examination of why planners need a cyber-security strategy
- Remember the Face, Forget the Name! – A session that will help attendees overcome “bad memory” and sharpen their power to remember people, places and facts.
- Contract Confidence 2.0 – A deep dive into contract clauses, developed specifically for experienced planners.
- Clear Communications – A workshop that will teach attendees how to be understood, avoid conflict and build relationships.
Education continues on the show floor. Stop by the Learning Lounge for 20-minute presentations on curating keynotes, event design, international logistics, what planners can do to help stop human trafficking, and more.
Click here for the complete list of education sessions at IncentiveWorks 2017. Click here to register.
Leave a Reply