Toronto, Ontario (August 16, 2017) – Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT) announced its 2016 Hall of Fame inductees today in a special, live presentation at IncentiveWorks™ 2016, Canada’s leading meeting, events and incentive travel trade show and conference.
“We are delighted to welcome this year’s inductees into the Hall of Fame family,” says Robin Paisley, managing director, M+IT and IncentiveWorks (August 16-17, 2016, Metro Toronto Convention Centre). “Each of them has made, and continues to make, a significant contribution to the meetings and incentive travel industry. They are truly inspiring.”
The 2016 inductees are:
- INDUSTRY VETERAN: Leslie Wright, president, Fletcher Wright Associates
- INDUSTRY PLANNER: Heather Douglas, senior buyer, Meridican Incentive Consultants
- INDUSTRY BUILDER: Shawna McKinley, director of sustainability, MeetGreen
- INDUSTRY INNOVATOR: Grant Snider, DMCP, president and CEO, Meeting Escrow Inc.
- INDUSTRY VOLUNTEER: Hayley Bishop, CMP, account director, Wynford
- INDUSTRY MENTOR: Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE, owner and CEO, Essentient Association Management & Events
- RISING STAR: Christy Wright, CIS, operations coordinator, SM+I/Strategic Meetings + Incentives
- THE BIG IDEA: Tim Whalen, CMP, executive meeting manager, Fallsview Casino Resort
M+IT is the owner of Canada’s premier events, meetings and incentive travel industry magazine and website as well as IncentiveWorks. It launched its Hall of Fame in 2009 to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves in the Canadian meetings and incentive travel industry. Inductees are selected from nominations put forth by industry peers in seven categories: Rising Star, Volunteer, Builder, Planner, Innovator, The Big Idea and Mentor. An eighth award, Industry Veteran, is given out to individuals at the discretion of M+IT. Click here for category descriptions.
The 2017 Hall of Fame Call for Nominations will open Wednesday, March 1, 2017 on www.meetingscanada.com.
Leave a Reply