Half Moon, one of Jamaica’s most iconic resorts, is celebrating its upcoming 65th anniversary with a $75 million revamp, which is slated to be complete by November 2018.
“It’s time to build anew and to continue to express ourselves in ways that are elegant in the 21st century,” said Guy Steuart III, chairman, Half Moon. “The transformation of Half Moon will refresh, reposition and ready the resort for the next 60 plus years and we are thrilled to welcome future generations of guests as we extend our heritage.”
In 2015, Half Moon completed the first phase of its Master Plan Renovation, which included refurbishments of its award-winning Surgar Mill Restaurant, resort lobby, Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course, and the introduction of Lester’s Cafe.
The second phase, which began with the construction of a centralized back-of-house facility that was introduced in June, includes:
- moving the resort’s arrival area from the west end of the property to its middle;
- development of The Great House, home to the resort’s new lobby and concierge as well as new guestrooms;
- new pathways to connect and enhance pedestrian access throughout the resort;
- 57 new guestrooms and suites, including Prestige Ocean Rooms, Estate Ocean Rooms, Estate Ocean Suites and a Great House Ocean Suite;
- expanded beachfront with natural swimming cove;
- two new restaurants and three new bars;
- and adults-only swimming pool.
“The resort is evolving so that the best of Half Moon will remain, and this constant evolution is the key to a luxury hospitality experience,” said Sandro Fabris, general manager. “Half Moon’s new additions along with its architecture, landscape and design will reward a sense of discovery that elevates the resort experience and enables guests to rediscover our intimate paradise and singular hospitality.”
About Half Moon
Opened in 1954, Half Moon is an independently-owned, 400-acre resort located on Jamaica’s north shore, 10 minutes from Montego Bay’s Sangster International Airport. The AAA Four-Diamond property has 197 guestrooms and 31 villas (ranging up to seven bedrooms), all with private pools and personal staff (butler, cook and housekeeper). Amenities and activities include the multi award-winning Fern Tree Spa (the largest spa in the Caribbean); Spinning® classes, 11 lit tennis courts, equestrian centre, fitness centre, water sports, children’s village and a Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed 18-hole championship golf course with academy.