The legendary Hotel Moskva has been reopened as Four Seasons Hotel Moscow.
“After years of meticulous planning, the old Hotel Moskva is now reborn as Four Seasons Hotel Moscow with fashion-forward style and modern comforts on Manezhnaya Square,” says general manager Max Musto. “It is our mission to write the next exciting chapter in the storied history of this building, and this city.”
The property, which was originally built in the 1930s by architect Alexei Shchusev, has been restored by interior designers Richmond International, who respectfully blended old elements with new. The exterior facade has been replicated in exact detail; a bitch motif is woven throughout the interior decor; and echoes of the past are seen in decorative details such as the column capitals and scalloped rosette surrounding the main ballroom’s chandelier, and the handcrafted mosaic tiles in the glass-enclosed pool area.
- 180 luxurious rooms and suites, with 40 different floor plans
- five restaurants and lounges
- a spa opening in 2015, which will feature a naturally-lit indoor pool
- two ballrooms and five smaller meeting rooms on the second and third floor, provide 15,123 square feet of event space options for groups from 20 to 500
- 7th floor terrace, with views of Manezhnaya Square and the Kremlin, is also available for events