Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (FRHI) is developing new luxury properties in Morocco and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Fairmont Taghazout Bay, Morocco and Fairmont Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia are both scheduled to open before 2020.
“The market for luxury accommodations in Morocco and Saudi Arabia is growing at a rapid pace with an excellent outlook for investment performance,” said Sami nasser, senior vice-president of Operations for FRHI in the Middle East, Africa and India (MEAI). “We are happy to increase our presence and our commitment to these dynamic regions and look forward to successfully launching these two new hotels while continuing to explore future development opportunities throughout the region and globally.”
The addition of the new properties will increase FRHI’s portfolio in the region to 20 hotels by 2020, more than doubling the regional pipeline.
FAIRMONT TAGHAZOUT BAY
Scheduled to open in 2019, the property is situated in Taghazout Bay, a 1,520-acre season resort located 18 kilometers north of Agadir on the Atlantic Coast. The hotel sits on 180,000 square meters of beachfront and is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course designed by Kyle Phillips.
The property features:
- 27,000 square feet of meeting/event space
- 155 guestrooms with sea-facing views
- 52 Fairmont-branded villas, which will be released for sale later this year
- Fairmont spa with fitness facilities
- multiple f&b offerings including an all-day dining restaurant, lobby lounge, specialty restaurant, and beach pool bar and grill
The Fairmont Taghazout Bay is located 250 kilometers from Marrakech and 450 kilometers from Casablanca. It will complement the more urban Fairmont La Marina Rabat-Salé currently under development in the Valley of Bouregreg, a coastal mixed-use development bordering the Moroccan capital of Rabat.
FAIRMONT AL KHOBAR
This 240-room property is situated in Al Khobar on the coast of the Arabian Gulf. The area, together with the neighbouring cities of Dammam and Dhahran, form the Dammam Metropolitan Area, the capital of the Eastern Province.
Scheduled to open in 2020, its features include:
- 43,000 square feet of meeting and conference space including the largest ballroom in the region
- 12 serviced residences
- a variety of f&b offerings (lobby lounge, specialty restaurant and gourmet pastry café)
- wellness and fitness facilities including a spa
In addition to these two properties, FRHI is opening four hotels in the region in 2016/2017: Fairmont Fujairah, Fairmont Amman, Fairmont Riyadh – Business Gate, and Fairmont City Stars Sharm El Sheikh.
Leave a Reply