Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and the GBTA Foundation, the education and research arm of the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) have presented the Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) to 17 more meeting and travel professionals.
This class participated in the program held October 1-4, 2015, in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. There are now 1,087 CMM holders worldwide.
“The CMM Program has become the business standard of excellence for meeting and travel professionals since its inception three decades ago,” said Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO of MPI. “Congratulations to each of these leaders on their momentous achievement.”
The 17 CMM recipients were from the United States, Puerto Rico, Ecuador and Poland. They are:
- Sherri Beck – Jack Morton Worldwide
- Norma Cristina Bock – University/MYW
- Cori Brown, CMP – Opus Agency
- Rochelle Rupnick, CMP – Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Virginia Williams Fountain – North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives
- Deanna Kay Griffith, CMP – Time Warner Cable Media
- Monica Grinage Cooper, CMP – International Facility Management Association
- Catherine Jones, CITE, CMP, MBA – Edventives Group
- Jessica M. Lamb, CMP – Young Presidents’ Organization
- Kristina Nichols, CMP – MassMutual Financial Group
- Davide Odella – The National Stadium Warsaw
- Connie Pronschinske – Ashley Furniture
- Falon Veit Scott – Evolution Event Solutions
- Cynnamon Spain, CMP – CCS, LLC
- Jessie States – Meeting Professionals International
- Sandra M. Totti – Innovation DMC, Inc.
- Lisa Volpi, CMP – Netflix
UPCOMING CMM PROGRAMS & SCHOLARSHIPS
MPI and GBTA are currently accepting applications for two CMM programs scheduled for later this year in Las Vegas (May 6-9) and Norfolk, Virginia (August 25-28). Each program is limited to only 50 participants. The deadline to submit an application for the Las Vegas program at the Aria Resort & Casino is April 5, 2016.
In addition, the MPI Foundation has CMM Program scholarship opportunities available for MPI members. Scholarships are awarded for up to $2,000 and must be used toward program fees. Las year, the MPI Foundation awarded 31 CMM Program scholarships to members.