TORONTO, ON – As part of its annual franchisee conference, Choice Hotels Canada honoured 25 properties last night for their achievements in property and service excellence.
APEX (Awards for Property Excellence) awards annually recognize hotels based on service and performance rankings. Award categories included the Highest and Most Improved Guest Satisfaction, Most Improved Room Condition, Greatest RevPAR (Revenue per Available Room) Growth, Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition, Highest Choice Privileges Enroller Rate and Rookie of the Year. Seven national winners were selected from the 25 regional winners.
“These seven properties have demonstrated impressive leadership and have certainly earned the recognition they’ve received,” says Tim Oldfield, managing director, Choice Hotels Canada. “These hotels work hard to deliver exceptional guest experiences every day and we’re extremely proud of their successes.”
2013 national winners include:
- Chateau Saint John Hotel & Suites, an Ascend Collection hotel, Saint John, New Brunswick: Highest Guest Satisfaction
- Econo Lodge, Brossard, Quebec: Most Improved Guest Satisfaction
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, Moncton, New Brunswick: Most Improved Room Condition
- Quality Inn & Suites, Quesnel, British Columbia: Greatest RevPAR Growth
- Comfort Inn & Suites, Salmon Arm, British Columbia: Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition
- Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, Mississauga, Ontario: Highest Choice Privileges Enroller Rate
- Quality Inn, Winkler, Manitoba: Rookie of the Year