Sixteen Canadians are among the 234 individuals who passed the latest Certified Meeting Professional (CMP examination) administered by the Events Industry Council (EIC).
The sixteen Canadians are:
- Zarife Bazerly, Not for Profit, Kanata, ON
- Jocelyn Fernandes, Karl Storz Endoscopy Canada Ltd., Mississauga, ON
- Vicki Gondek, Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice, Pierrefonds, QC
- Kristiina Hudson, Ivanhoe Cambridge, Toronto, ON
- Cheri Hurtubise, Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria, BC
- Lisa Javor, Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa and Marriott on the Falls, Welland, ON
- Dory Kashin, EventMobi, Toronto, ON
- Amanda Kaufman, Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, Kitchener, ON
- Rachel Klar, Intuit Canada, Toronto, ON
- Matthew LeBlanc, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Ottawa, ON
- Dionne Ledgister, Sun Life Financial, North York, ON
- Cynthia MacDonald, Dentsply Canada, Brampton, ON
- Krista Sidhu, Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria, BC
- Yihong Song, Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa, Waterloo, ON
- Mary-Anne Van Slingerland, Cardus, Hamilton, ON
- Christiann Wright, Orangeville, ON
In addition to the CMP recipients, Elizabeth Graves, Meetings & Incentives Worldwide, Indianapolis, IN, earned her Certified Meeting Professional – Health Care (CMP-HC) designations. View the full list of new CMPs and CMP-HCs.
The CMP credential is recognized throughout the events, meetings, conventions, and exhibitions industry, demonstrates an individual’s comprehensive knowledge of meeting management as well as a commitment to the profession.
As the foremost certification available for meeting and event professionals, the CMP designation recognizes those who have demonstrated their proficiency through a combination of education, experience and passing a rigorous exam. More than 14,000 individuals in 51 countries and territories have earned the CMP designation since its inception in 1985. CMPs are considered the leading experts in the global meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry.
The Events Industry Council recognizes the specific regulations, laws and best practices that must be followed when conducting a healthcare-focused meeting. Only highly knowledgeable professionals can successfully manage the production of these meetings. To this end, the CMP-HC designation was launched in 2014 to validate CMPs who have demonstrated a superior understanding and mastery of the unique healthcare-focused meeting knowledge.
To apply for the CMP or the CMP-HC designation, visit the Events Industry Council website at www.eventscouncil.org.