The Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM) announced its 2016 award winners and Hall of Fame inductees at a gala dinner, held Thursday, February 25th at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites. In addition, it also recognized the new graduates of its Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM) Program.
Hall of Fame Inductees
This high level distinction is awarded to leaders who have achieved prominence for the honor they bring to the exposition industry, and as a result of their activities within the industry. The 2016 inductees are:
- Exposition Category – Isabella Wai, CEM, Ontario Hospital Association
- Associate Category – Sheila Wong, CEM, BBW International Inc.
- Builder Category – Alain Sutton, The Toronto Congress Centre
Member of the Year Awards
These awards are presented to individuals who, through giving their time and talent, have made an outstanding and special contribution to the CAEM and the industry in the past year.
- Exposition Category – Bianca Kennedy, Power Sport Services
- Associate Category – Tony Gallagher, CEM, GES – Global Experience Specialists
Give Back & Rising Star Awards
The Give Back Award is presented to a CAEM-member organization that, not for financial reasons, has contributed to the enhancement of its community in the past year. The Rising Star Award is presented to a new member who exceeded expectations by doing more than what was asked of them.
- 2016 Give Back Award – Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- 2016 Rising Star – Avery Levitt, CEM, SX Marketing
- Robyn Baker, CEM, Western Fair District
- Stephanie Chiang, CEM, Annex Business Media
- Lisa Contino Moran, CEM, Freeman
- Nasser Deeb, CEM, Informa Canada
- Danielle Gaudet, CEM, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Jennifer Holland, CEM, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Maria Kitamura, CEM, GES – Global Experience Specialists
- Michelle Kofman, CEM, MRK Communications
- Avery Levitt, CEM, SX Marketing Inc.
- Bonnie Pashley, CEM, SME Canada
- Carol Pupo, CEM, Shorthills CAD & Consulting
- Tim Stover, CAE, CEM, Power Sport Services
- Tracy To, CEM, Exhibition Place
“CAEM is successful because we have a very strong and dedicated group of volunteers that devote their time, expertise and passion in leading the organization,” said Sherry Kirkpatrick, CAEM president. “Congratulations and thank you to each award winner and CEM graduates for making our industry better and brighter!”
Leave a Reply