Business Events Canada, a division of Destination Canada, has launched a digital hub to attract international meetings, conventions, and incentive events to Canada.
The hub, which is supported by a dedicated content team, is geared toward US, UK and international meeting planners and decision makers. It is one element of BEC’s comprehensive marketing communications strategy to engage key audiences by:
- focusing on Canada’s diverse destinations and meeting and incentive experiences;
- offering an improved visitor experience and easy access to information important to planners;
- enabling Canadian partners to play an active role in contributing to content;
- providing dynamic content to keep up with evolving destinations and experiences;
- featuring Canada Meetings, a blog on the latest news from across Canada’s meetings and incentive industries.
“International meetings and events are important drivers of the Canadian economy,” says Chantal Sturk-Nadeau, executive director of Business Events Canada, noting that more than 8,000 international conferences are held across Canada each year. “This new website aligns with Canada’s export strategy by incorporating vertical sectors into each destination profile. Most planners already know Canada offers tremendous opportunities. By aligning with our vertical sectors and showcasing the unique experiences available here, we will expand on that knowledge base.”
Visitors to the site will find easy-to-navigate destination profiles, with at-a-glance information important to meeting planners, including:
- meetings infrastructure by location;
- contacts to help with their planning;
- a sampling of creative events and team building activities unique to each destination;
- and case studies and curated highlighting Canada’s top spot as an international meeting location.
“Canada is one of the world’s premier meeting destinations. The new digital hub reinforces that Canada is a smart place to meet,” says Sturk-Nadeau. “The possibilities really are almost endless from city-wide conventions for thousands, to extraordinary incentive experiences, to cosmopolitan luxury getaways and indulgent terroir-driven culinary experiences, we hope after they’ve spent some time on the hub meeting planners come away so inspired that they’ll put Canada in the mix for their next bid.”
The digital hub launches with 27 unique destinations. Additional destinations and group experiences will be added in the coming months.
Leave a Reply