DALLAS — Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has launched the Canadian Advisory Council to act as advocates and ambassadors, drive market position and elevate the MPI Global brand within Canada.
Comprising MPI’s current and past chapter volunteers, the council will focus on strategic initiatives to increase membership growth, develop stronger partnerships and deliver community value through education and networking.
“It is my privilege to serve our MPI Canadian membership as we identify and provide solutions to MPI Global, as they look to solidify their Canadian presence,” said Canadian Council chair Sherry Honey, of MPI’s Greater Edmonton Chapter.
“The potential for growth in the Canadian market is immense,” said Nicole Edmund, vice-president of community at MPI. “With this dedicated council, and by leveraging their expertise in the Canadian market, we will be poised to build a stronger footprint in the marketplace.”
The members of the 2019 Canadian Advisory Council are as follows:
• Adam Gerle, British Columbia Chapter;
• Alex Bickers, British Columbia Chapter;
• Alissa Hurley, Member-at-Large, Canada;
• Ashley Feldstein, British Columbia Chapter;
• Brent Taylor, Edmonton Chapter;
• Christina Northcott, Toronto Chapter;
• Daniela Caputo, Montreal Chapter;
• Heidi Hughes, British Columbia Chapter;
• Jennifer Pelletier, Toronto Chapter;
• Lynne Gale, Toronto Chapter;
• Mark Zanetti, British Columbia Chapter;
• Melissa Moskal, British Columbia Chapter;
• Nicole Edmund, vice-president of community, MPI;
• Roberta Dexter, Atlantic Canada Chapter;
• Shari Bricks, Toronto Chapter;
• Sherry Honey, Greater Edmonton Chapter;
• Tom Stulberg, British Columbia Chapter;
• Zaman Ishaad, Toronto Chapter.
MPI has a global community of 60,000 meeting and event professionals, including more than 17,000 members and its Plan Your Meetings audience. It has more than 90 chapters and clubs in 19 countries.