Hyatt announced plans to expand the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brand footprint in Canada with the signing of management and franchise agreements by a Hyatt affiliate for nine Hyatt Place hotels and three Hyatt House hotels. The announcement was made June 6, 2018.
Nine Hyatt-branded hotels are currently open in Canada. The expected openings of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels would increase Hyatt’s brand presence in the country to 21 hotels within the next few years.
“We believe the new agreements being announced today, along with the previously announced properties under development, demonstrate growing confidence among owners and developers in the strength of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in Canada,” said Scott Richer, Hyatt’s vice-president of real estate and development for Canada. “There is tremendous growth opportunity in this region—coming off the heels of its 150th anniversary, Canada continues to see strong levels of leisure travel, as well as an increase in corporate travel.”
The 12 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels expected to open in Canada in the next two years, are:
- Hyatt Place Calgary Airport (127 guestrooms), Calgary, Alberta
- Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre (126 guestrooms), Mississauga, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Brampton (123 guestrooms), Brampton, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Kelowna (161 guestrooms), Kelowna, British Columbia
- Hyatt Place Moncton (120 guestrooms), Moncton, New Brunswick
- Hyatt Place Winnipeg Downtown (144 guestrooms), Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Hyatt House Hamilton/McMaster University (135 guestrooms), Hamilton, Ontario
- Hyatt House Winnipeg South West (135 guestrooms), Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport (196 guestrooms), Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Toronto Airport Corporate Centre and Hyatt House Toronto Airport Corporate Centre (250 guestrooms), Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Vancouver Airport (97 guestrooms), Vancouver, British Columbia
Hyatt-branded hotels currently open in Canada include:
- British Columbia: Spirit Ridge at Nk’Mip Resort and Hyatt Regency Vancouver
- Alberta: Hyatt Regency Calgary, Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown and Hyatt Place Edmonton-West
- Ontario: Andaz Ottawa Byward Market, Hyatt Regency Toronto and Park Hyatt Toronto, which is temporarily closed for renovation and expected to reopen in 2019.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Headquartered in Chicago, Hyatt Hotels Corporation is a global hospitality company with a portfolio of 14 premier brands. As of March 31, 2018, its portfolio included more than 700 properties in more than 50 countries across six continents.